Out of stock
Tirpitz is a German battleship from World War II launched on 1 April 1939 and named after Grand Admiral Alfred von Tirpitz, the architect of the Kaiserliche Marine (Imperial Navy).
It is a twin ship of the battleship Bismarck and the largest kriegsmarine ship from 1941 to 1944. It achieved its combat readiness in September 1941.
Together with Bismarck, the Germans armed Tirpitz with a main battery of eight 38-centimetre guns in four twin turrets. After a series of wartime modifications she was 2000 tonnes heavier than Bismarck, making her the heaviest battleship ever built by a European navy.
After completing sea trials in early 1941, Tirpitz briefly served as the centrepiece of the Baltic Fleet, in order to prevent a possible break-out attempt by the Soviet Baltic Fleet.
Then, in early 1942, the ship sailed to Norway to act as a deterrent against an Allied invasion.
Finally, she was sunk on 12 November 1944 near The Norwegian Tromsø by British aviation.
As faithfully as possible, the model captures the proportions of the historical ship and retains all its essential elements, including the original camouflage.
It has numerous moving parts such as: drive screws, rudders, rotating towers and gun barrels that can be lifted and lowered.
The kit also includes a very stable and aesthetic black display stand on which is the ship’s name.